Applying early to college, either through Early Decision or Early Action programs, can be a competitive process that requires careful preparation. Here are some tips for preparing to apply early to college:
- Start early: Begin your college search and application process early in your junior year of high school. This will give you plenty of time to research schools, visit campuses, and complete your application materials.
- Gather transcripts and test scores: Make sure you have all of the necessary transcripts and test scores needed for your application. This may include transcripts from high school, as well as scores from standardized tests like the SAT or ACT.
- Write a strong essay: Your college essay is an important part of your application, so be sure to give yourself plenty of time to brainstorm ideas, write and revise your essay, and get feedback from others.
- Follow the application instructions: Be sure to carefully read and follow the application instructions for each school you are applying to. This may include specific requirements for transcripts, essays, and recommendation letters.
- Plan for college visits: If you are applying to a college that you haven’t visited, make sure to plan a visit in advance. This will give you a chance to see the campus, meet with admissions staff, and get a sense of the school’s culture and atmosphere.